To My Readers
When you want to get in touch with me, use the form at the bottom of this page. I’d love to hear anything that you have to say.
Please note that I am a reviewer of books not the author of the books I review. So please don’t contact me asking questions that are intended for the author.
To Authors, Publishers, Publicists and Everybody Else
This blog is a voluntary, part-time effort written by a passionate reader who loves to share that passion with others. Read my about me page to get a tad bit more personal.
UPDATE MARCH 2012: I AM CURRENTLY NOT CONSIDERING PITCHES OR ACCEPTING REVIEW COPIES OF ANY BOOKS. SERIOUSLY. I STILL GET EMAILS EVERY DAY ASKING FOR EXCEPTIONS. NO. I WILL NOT.
AND DID YOU NOT NOTICE THAT THIS BLOG HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED FOR NEARLY A YEAR? THAT SHOULD BE A SIGN TO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH ME RIGHT NO.AND NO. NO AUTHOR INTERVIEWS. NO TELLING MY READERS ABOUT YOUR PRESS RELEASE.
WHEN I START BLOGGING AGAIN, I WILL UPDATE THIS INFORMATION. AND SORRY FOR THE CAPS, BUT I SWEAR PEOPLE AREN’T READING THIS.
I do not receive any monetary compensation for writing reviews. The compensation received from this blog is from Amazon, Indie Bound and Powells, whereby I get a small commission if you click through a product link from my site and make a purchase during that same session. I also run Chitika ads which are shown to only search engine traffic. Currently, this is put right back into the blog with giveaways, postage, hosting fees, and attending book industry related events.
As of May 2010, this blog receives currently receives 30,000 visitors a month, has surpassed half a million page views, has an Alexa rank of 225,721, a Google Page Rank of 5 and a Technorati authority of 550. I have received over 19,000 comments over a course of 850+ posts. As you can see, I have a very active blog with a very decent amount of traffic in addition to 1050+ RSS subscribers.
I am also very active in social networks such as Twitter (4,000+ followers), Facebook, Book Blog Ning and have profiles at Blog Catalog, CafeMom, and YouTube. My blog articles are also syndicated through BlogBurst and picked up by online newspapers like the Chicago Sun Times (which has generated more than 40,000 views on their site). Website Grader grades this blog at 99.99%
A Bit More About Me
- 2010 Cybils for Fiction Picture Books second round panelist/judge.
- Shortlisted as Best Eclectic Blog for 2010 Book Blogger Appreciation Week.
- On organizing committee for the first Book Blogger Convention held in New York City on May 28th, 2010.
- 2010 BookExpo America attendee.
- Hosted three Utah book blogger and author socials and proactive in promoting Utah book bloggers.
- Panelist on Book Bloggers/Online Reviews on WriteOn! Round Table Blog Talk Radio Show with Ron Hogan and Yen Cheong hosted by Stimulating Conversation. (listen now)
- Guest on the That’s How I Blog Blog Talk Radio Show hosted by Nicole at Linus’s Blanket. (listen now)
- 2009 Cybils for Fiction Picture Books second round panelist/judge.
- Best Kidlit Blog 2009 Book Blogger Appreciation Week.
- Best Challenge Host 2009 Book Blogger Appreciation Week.
- 2009 Book Blogger Appreciation Week shortlisted for Best Blog Post, Most Extravagant Giveaways, Most Altruistic, Best Series or Feature, Best Community Builder.
- Host the popular Bloggiesta Challenge. Shortlisted as best community event for 2010 Book Blogger Appreciation Week.
- Attend 2009 BookExpo America, the North American publishing premiere trade show in New York City.
- Panelist on 2009 Book Bloggers Panel at Book Expo America. (listen now)
- Most Altruistic Blog 2008 Book Blogger Appreciation Week.
- Most Extravagant Giveaways 2008 Book Blogger Appreciation Week.
- Raised more than $1,000 in conjunction with my Reading and Blogging for Darfur Awareness Campaign.