One of my favorite things to do while interviewing authors is to ask them to either share a recipe from a food/meal that was featured in their books or a personal favorite. Later, I make the recipe, take photos, and blog about it! I honestly blame it all on Katherine Center when her main character was eating a delicious Mexican Tomato Lime soup and I seriously wanted to try it. When I asked Katherine for it, she said it was her favorite soup and I’m not kidding when I say it’s now mine! So now, I’ve collected all kind of recipes from your favorite authors!
- Miso Soup by Suzanne Kamata
- Bobotie by Paul Harris
- Roasted Vegetables by Kim Norman
- Gingerbread Cookies by Erica S. Perl
- Close to Perfect Chocolate Pie by Ingrid Law (recipe made with photos)
- Baked Beans and Ham by Linda Aksomitis
- Nonna’s Gnocchi by Mary Nethery
- Chocolate Mocha Pecan Balls by Bonny Becker
- Zanzibar Cake by Carmela & Stephen D’Amico
- Scrambled Eggs by Kathryn Fitzmaurice
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries by Kathryn Fitzmaurice
- Spicy Cauliflower Simmered in Red Wine by Joshua Henkin
- Kitty’s Mantecadas by Tina Ann Forkner
- Grand Marnier Infused Chocolate Covered Strawberries by Michael Lee West (recipe made with photos)
- Chicken and Sausage Chili by Lisa McMann
- Whoopie Pies by Cynthia Lord (recipe made with photos)
- Succory Porridge by Caryln Beccia
- Sweet Potato Casserole by Diane Z. Shore
- Pumpkin Pie by ME!
- Mexican Tomato Lime Soup by Katherine Center (recipe made a photos (recipe made with photos)
- Mrs. Perez’s DROP-DEAD Delicious Lemon Squares by Donna Gephart (recipe made with photos)
- Butter Bean Cookies by Shana Burg (recipe made and photos (recipe made with photos)
- Zuchinni Soup by Shannon Hale (recipe made and photos (recipe made with photos)
- Espresso and Cardamom Rub for beef, pork and chicken thighs and legs by Leslie Patricelli (recipe made with photos)
- Lemon Linguine by Kirby Larson (recipe made with photos)
- Blueberry Pancakes by Christina Meldrum
- Tomato-Mozarella Pesto Sandwich by Susan McBride (recipe made with photos)
- Strawberry Soup by J. Scott Savage
- Breakfast Smoothie by Sara Zarr (recipe made with photos)
- Tomato Aspic by Mary Ann Rodman (recipe made with photos)
- Chocolate Cake by Mary Ann Rodman (recipe made with photos)
I’ve also started to interview other readers! And of course, I continued with the whole ask for a recipe thing!
- Pork Tenderloin by Trish from Trish’s Reading Nook
- Chocolate Chip Crunch Cookies by Jen (aka Ladytink_534) from The Movieholic & Bibliophile’s Blog
- Grilled Ham and Jack Sandwich by Jeanette from A Comfy Chair and a Good Book
- Dr. Pepper Cake by Becky from Becky’s Book Reviews
- French Market Soup by Jen from Jen’s Attempt at a Blog
Month in Review
At the end of every month I summarize everything that happened on the Maw Books Blog. This includes links to all my reviews, author interviews, blog posts, as well as general announcements and anything noteworthy.
I love to know what types of readers my own blog readers are. So I interview those who stop by my blog and learn everything about them!
I’m doing vlogs ! I love getting in front of the camera and letting you into my home as I chat about books, reading, my family and whatever else I can think of.
I always get a kick out of the different search terms that people use to come to the Maw Books Blog! They are hilarious. Check them all out!
There are a ton of great bloggers out there who all love books! This community is huge! Peruse the following posts to find some fantastic bloggers!
[catlist id=37 numberposts=-1]
I’ve given away a lot of books! Listed are all of my giveaway posts. Most all are closed, with perhaps the exception of the most recent post (but not always). I have started to announce contest winners within the thread of the contest post.