2010 Cybils Awards Winners!

cybils 2010 large

The 2010 Children’s and Young Adult Bloggers’ Literary Awards, or better known as the Cybils, were announced today!

Check out the winners across nine different categories!

You may recall that I served as a first round panelist on the Fiction Picture Book category and was eager to find out which book from the shortlist the second round judges picked for the win.  (Yes. I sat at my computer waiting for the strike of midnight refreshing the page every few seconds.)  Interrupting Chicken by David Ezra Stein!

Interrupting Chicken

I was also heartened to see one of my initial nominations, Yummy by G. Neri and illustrated by Randy duBurke, take the win in the Young Adult Graphic Novel category.   What an amazing book.

Split by Swati Avasthi won the Young Adult Fiction category and I must agree that it’s particularly deserving.

Now off to add the rest of the Cybils winners to my TBR list!  Do check the award winners as well as the amazing finalists.  I’m partial to the Fiction Picture Book Finalists! I never posted anything here on the blog when the Caldecott Awards were announced.  But I was beyond ecstatic with the A Sick Day for Amos McGee win.  Love, love, love.

I know how difficult it is to pick winners in an awards selection like this and so a huge shout out to the Cybils organizers, panelists and judges.  Job well done!

What do you think of the winners?  Any surprises for you?

1. Yay yay yay yay!! Can you tell how excited I am with today’s announcement?? :)

on February 14th, 2011 at 10:53 am
  2. I just checked out all the winners – looks like Split and Yummy need to go on my list to read.

on February 14th, 2011 at 9:19 pm
  3. ah, I love book award season! Makes my TBR pile really tall…but my wallet pretty small…woops!

on February 15th, 2011 at 2:13 pm
  4. Yay. I need to stop over there to make my own reading list. I’ll do that tonight I think. I want to read as many of the nominees and winners as I can. :D

on February 16th, 2011 at 7:39 pm
  5. Thanks for filling us in. Sounds like you’ve had lots of fun with this. I’m excited to check out all these books that you mentioned. Keep up the good work.

on February 16th, 2011 at 10:39 pm
  6. I am a hardcore reader and cant go a single day without reading. In simple words I am crazy about books. Whenever I feel an urge to read/buy a book, I simple call Justdial at 1800-500-0000. They help me find bookstores in my area as well as reading libraries. This service has been very helpful and effective.

on February 18th, 2011 at 4:44 am
  7. This really was a really tough choice for us and I’ll have you know Amos was definitely a strong contender. Such a great group of books this year!

on February 22nd, 2011 at 5:04 pm