I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder

I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder is a paranormal romance.  Paranormal romance?  I didn’t even know that was a genre.

Fifteen year old Ava has just helped bury her boyfriend Jackson.  As if that isn’t hard enough, she thinks that his death is her fault.  She has a hard time letting go.  Her parents encourage her to get out of the house and hang out with her friends.  But she doesn’t want to.  Why would she when she realizes that Jackson has never really left?  He’s back from the dead and Jackson makes his presence known.  Ava can feel him, the room is cold (think Sixth Sense here), she can see him in the mirror sometimes.  She can’t wait to get home each day so she can spend time with him.  But as time goes on, she meets somebody new and  Jackson becomes possessive.  I Heart You, You Haunt Me explores what we all want.  Love.  And how to move on when the one we love won’t let us go.

I Heart You, You Haunt Me is told in free verse, making it raw, stark, and very poetic.  I’ve enjoyed many free verse novels this year, and while this one wasn’t one of the most memorable, it was well done.  A very simple, easy read.  I believe many teenagers will like it.

The book trailer:

Lisa Schroeder’s website and blog.

1. I love free verse and I love paranormal romance. Thanks for blogging about this one!

on November 26th, 2008 at 10:28 am
  2. OT but… Thank you for telling me how to get the Gravatar I want, here on Word Press.

It may not work quite yet, as it says to wait a few minutes. But, I’m trying it now, anyway. I’m sure it will work… eventually.

Again, thank you!

Happy Thanksgiving,
    Tessa

on November 26th, 2008 at 11:21 am
  3. Yesssssssssss! It worked already!

-happy dance-

Tessa

on November 26th, 2008 at 11:22 am
  4. Sounds….interesting. Isn’t this in the last episode of The Ghost Whisperer? I keep seeing trailers for the season finale and it seems like the main character is in love with a ghost.

I keep getting into books that are not at all about what I expect them to be. Sometimes it’s a pleasant surprise to read something different.

By the way, something weird is going on over
    ————–> there in my browser.

on November 26th, 2008 at 2:00 pm
  5. Sounds like a great concept for a book. The author has a wonderful imagination.

Morgan Mandel

on November 26th, 2008 at 3:01 pm
  6. Serena – You’re welcome!

Tessa – You’re also welcome! Now if I can only convince everybody else to get a avatar!

Jenn M. – I’ve never seen Ghost Whisperer. And MAN ever since I updated my blog, everything is going funny. I’m just not technically cut out for this job!! What’s happening in your browser?

Morgan – Welcome to my blog! I hope you stick around.

on November 26th, 2008 at 4:25 pm
  7. I really enjoyed this book too. Verse novels are always hard for me to get into for some reason, but this one really worked for me.

on November 27th, 2008 at 12:18 am
  8. Paranormal romance is my absolute favorite genre. I’ll have to add this to my list!

on November 27th, 2008 at 5:08 am
  9. This sounds like an interesting book. I want to read it now.

on November 27th, 2008 at 3:27 pm
  10. I keep hearing about this book and wondering if I should read it. I’m not a fan of paranormal, or romance, or novels written in verse…which leads me to think, No. Then it comes up again and I’m tempted, and have to decide not to read it all over again.

on November 27th, 2008 at 6:54 pm
  11. I Heart You, You Haunt Me is a awesome verse novel by Lisa Schroeder…Verse Nobels are hard to understand for me but when i read this its mind blowing….

http://i-bibliophile.blogspot.com/ is a book blog where I also find same type of books…

on November 28th, 2008 at 4:46 am
  12. Natasha- Whatever it was it’s fixed now. I was seeing like encoded words where your previous posts were listed on the right. Doesn’t seem to be happening anymore. Hey, you are better than me. I made a website for my business, wanted to start a blog, but can’t figure out how to connect the two. I’ve spent a lot of time reviewing children’s books, and I’d like to have them as a blog linked to my website….but so far a no go.

That will be my Decemeber project…along with working, buying christmas presents, entertaining my in-laws from England, and preparing Christmas dinner for 14 people! We mom’s do too much!

on November 29th, 2008 at 12:44 am
  13. Also…I’ve never seen Ghost Whisperer either, but there was a commercial for it during some show I was watching and the episode sounds a lot like this book. Tv show…not my cup of tea, but the book I might give a try. There are a lot of books ahead of it in the ‘to read pile.’

on November 29th, 2008 at 12:48 am
  14. I wasn’t so enthusiastic about his one. I just found it meh. But I know some readers like it. I think I *may* have liked it more as a teen than I do as an adult.

on November 29th, 2008 at 11:57 am
  15. by the way…—–> that is back. It’s showing all of your metatags. Weird that it goes away and comes back.

on November 29th, 2008 at 12:10 pm
  16. I absolute love this book. It is a fantastic teen book, as I was absorbed in this book. This book combines romance and horror in one. It is a great, frightening, and suspensful book that you do not want to put down.

on December 30th, 2009 at 11:16 pm