Yes. You read that right. I’m not ashamed to use bribery to get people to read my posts. This giveway is an example of that. My last post was about the book Not On Our Watch: The Mission to End Genocide in Darfur and Beyond by Don Cheadle. This book is an excellent resource to use as a starting guide to figure out what in the world we can do to make a difference in Darfur. I really want everybody to take time out and read that post. Therefore, the “Yes, I Resort to Bribery” giveaway.
I will be giving away two books each to four winners!
Those winners can choose those books from the following titles: Empire Falls by Richard Russo, (two copies) The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, White Oleander by Janet Fitch, Ellen Foster by Kaye Gibbons, Vinegar Hill by A. Manette Ansay, We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates, Gap Creek by Robert Morgan, Where the Heart Is by Billie Letts, The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom (three copies), Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier (one hardback, one paperback,), The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisenberger, The Deep End of the Ocean by Jacquelyn Mitchard, Jewel by Brett Lott, Paradise by Toni Morrison (hardcover), Seabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand, Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell, The Kitchen God’s Wife by Amy Tan (hardcover), Beloved by Toni Morrison, The Book of Ruth by Jane Hamilton, Fall On Your Knees by Ann-Marie McDonald, The Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller (hardback).
Open to anybody, anywhere. I’m going international with this one! You have until July 31st to enter and I’ll announce the four winners on August 1st.
How to enter: I’ve come up with a little quiz for you to take based upon my Not On Our Watch post. Each correct answer will count as one entry in the giveaway. Mention this contest on your blog to double those entries. If you don’t have a blog, instead post about the contest on MySpace, FaceBook, Library Thing, forums, etc or email five people and cc me to the email at natasha (at) mawbooks (dot) com to double your entries. With ten questions, you can have as many as twenty entries.
Leave the answers to the quiz on this post (you might want to open two windows). If you answer question #1 correctly, your comment should be sent into moderation meaning you won’t be able to cheat and see everybody else’s answers. Make sense? I hope it will work. So when you post your comment here hopefully it won’t be published. I’ll publish them when the contest closes.
- Spell out the following number: 7 (this should send the comment into moderation)
- Name one of the five criteria used to define genocide.
- In which country is Darfur located?
- How many years has the genocide been going for?
- Fill in the blank from the Ellie Wiesel quote: Remember: ______ helps the ______, never his ________.
- Name three of the six strategies for effective change?
- What are the three P’s of genocide prevention?
- What is at least one thing from the suggested ideas that you can commit to do?
- Leave a comment on that post stating what it is that you are committing to do.
- Am I planning a fundraising/awareness campaign on this blog come September? Yes or no.
That’s it and good luck!